Start a Blog was at the top of my to-do list. I mean it was underlined and in bold.
I was going to document my summer. I was going on a milestone vacation, had a pile of books to read, and school wasn’t there to distract me; there were so many things going on I could write about. It was an ideal time to start a blog.
But … I didn’t get the blog launched at the start of the summer like planned.
I might feel bad IF I hadn’t checked off so many other things on my list.
So here it is. The completed things from my summer to-do list and my very first blog post.
- WENT TO DISNEY WORLD FOR THE FIRST TIME! My excitement matched that of my eleven year old sister.
- My brother and I built an amazing fire pit/patio. (Way more work than we thought it would be, but was absolutely worth it.)
- I worked three jobs.
- Planned and succeeded in having a Caribbean themed 4th of July/graduation party for my brother; not without a Caribbean food feast and a treasure hunt with dangerous pirates hiding in the woods.
- Had a press release, including photos, printed in the Plain Dealer and Son
- Went to a Darius Rucker concert and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would
- My planter, which I watered faithfully all summer, won a champion at the county fair
- Hosted several bonfires
- Got to go to a Cold Play concert (Thank you to my cousin Ethan!)
- Finally watched In the Heart of the Sea AND Saving Mr. Banks! Two movies I’ve wanted to see for some time. Both fantastic!
- Finished reading three books.
- Completed half of my Disney scrapbook (5 pages! The goal is to have 10)
- Tie Dyed (To my chagrin, most of the dye washed out in the washer. And I had purple hands for a few days. But at least I tried it out!)
I hope to add to this list in the twenty days between now and school starting. But for now I’ll close with what was the first item on my summer to-do list.
- Launch a blog